Savings For Your Company
Keeping up to date is costly
- CCSPA representatives attended over 150 government meetings on behalf of our members in 2017.
- CCSPA sent over 122 letters and submissions to key officials in the Federal Government and in all provinces on a host of issues in 2017.
- CCSPA regularly meets with key Health Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Public Health Agency of Canada and Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada officials in Ottawa, plus other provincial officials as required. Our solid network of policymakers is impressive.
- CCSPA does it all for less: consultant fees can be as much as $1,500 an hour just to read the Canada Gazette!
Non-compliance is costly
- Your company could be subject to penalties of which you are not aware.
- You could pay up to $1 million and/or serve up to 3 years in prison for non-compliance with the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999.
- The Pest Management Regulatory Agency can charge more than $4000 for a very serious violation of the Pest Control Products Act.
- Under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, Health Canada can charge up to $5,000 per day for non-compliance.
Missed opportunities are costly
- CCSPA provides the industry consensus on various issues to relevant government officials who shape policy and regulation.
- CCSPA committees collaborate with government officials to develop significant government policies based on our members’ input.